Ulysses and I have shared with you all three of our favorite projects for summer! Just in case you missed them, here they are:
But the summer science fun doesn't need to stop there! We have combed the internet looking for super fun science activities that you can do with your kids this summer.
The result is akin to a buffet full of fine cheese, crusty bread, and delicious salami, sopresse, and sopressate - you can't help but dig in!
Ladies and gentlefolk, I present to you the Summer Science Activities Buffet!! Forty-eight super-fun, science-packed learning activities perfect for the summer time!!
Let's dig in...
1. Make a bird feeder.
3. Try an earthworm experiment.
4. Observe some animals via webcam.
5. Make some egg carton sea life.
8. Learn about blood types.
9. See how important bones are.
10. Learn about the Punnett Square.
11. Make your own casts.
12. Extract DNA.
13. Study pollination.
14. Watch a leaf breathe.
15. Regrow celery.
16. Learn the difference between a gymnosperm and angiosperm.
17. Make a terrarium.
18. Dissect a few seeds.
19. Use clouds to predict the weather.
20. Build your own weather station.
21. Learn about seasons.
22. Learn about thunderstorms.
23. Watch the water cycle.
24. Make a cloud.
25. Learn about the different types of rocks.
26. Explode a paper rock volcano.
27. Grow stalagmites and stalactites.
28. Make an edible soil model.
29. Have an earthquake.
30. Study fossils.
31. Eat your way through the moon phases.
32. Learn the moon phases song.
33. Make a constellation geoboard.
34. See why you shouldn't look directly at the sun.
35. Make a solar system felt board.
36. Learn about the solar system.
37. Make a pizza box solar oven.
38. Do a kitchen acid test.
39. Make Mento's Geysers.
40. Drink some fizzy lemonade.
41. Explode some soap.
42. Make a chromatography t-shirt.
43. Make magnetic slime.
44. Sink a ship.
45. Build your own rocket at home.
46. Make a hovercraft.
47. Build a bridge.
48. Build some simple machines.
Hope you enjoy!!
Comments will be approved before showing up.
So, our astronomy leg is currently in production, but as you know we have already experienced it. Let's just say - it was a blast! And without spoiling the adventure, we wanted to bring one of our local experts from our astronomical adventure to share a bit about our solar system with you all.
Playing a free geology game to learn about rocks or at least to review what you have learned about rocks!
Summer is almost over and now is the perfect time to make a rock collection to show off your latest summer finds! Join Summer Beach as she shares how to do this in 5 simple steps.