Ulysses and I have shared with you all three of our favorite projects for summer! Just in case you missed them, here they are:
But the summer science fun doesn't need to stop there! We have combed the internet looking for super fun science activities that you can do with your kids this summer.
The result is akin to a buffet full of fine cheese, crusty bread, and delicious salami, sopresse, and sopressate - you can't help but dig in!
Ladies and gentlefolk, I present to you the Summer Science Activities Buffet!! Forty-eight super-fun, science-packed learning activities perfect for the summer time!!
Let's dig in...
1. Make a bird feeder.
3. Try an earthworm experiment.
4. Observe some animals via webcam.
5. Make some egg carton sea life.
8. Learn about blood types.
9. See how important bones are.
10. Learn about the Punnett Square.
11. Make your own casts.
12. Extract DNA.
13. Study pollination.
14. Watch a leaf breathe.
15. Regrow celery.
16. Learn the difference between a gymnosperm and angiosperm.
17. Make a terrarium.
18. Dissect a few seeds.
19. Use clouds to predict the weather.
20. Build your own weather station.
21. Learn about seasons.
22. Learn about thunderstorms.
23. Watch the water cycle.
24. Make a cloud.
25. Learn about the different types of rocks.
26. Explode a paper rock volcano.
27. Grow stalagmites and stalactites.
28. Make an edible soil model.
29. Have an earthquake.
30. Study fossils.
31. Eat your way through the moon phases.
32. Learn the moon phases song.
33. Make a constellation geoboard.
34. See why you shouldn't look directly at the sun.
35. Make a solar system felt board.
36. Learn about the solar system.
37. Make a pizza box solar oven.
38. Do a kitchen acid test.
39. Make Mento's Geysers.
40. Drink some fizzy lemonade.
41. Explode some soap.
42. Make a chromatography t-shirt.
43. Make magnetic slime.
44. Sink a ship.
45. Build your own rocket at home.
46. Make a hovercraft.
47. Build a bridge.
48. Build some simple machines.
Hope you enjoy!!
This year decorate your Christmas tree with science! Click "Read More" to see the directions for making chromatography balls, crystal candy canes, and nature viewers.
In honor of the upcoming holiday, I wanted to share with you all three Thanksgiving science activities that you can enjoy after the clean-up is done.
Click "Read More" to start the fun!
Learn about lichens and get directions for going on your own lichen hunt for the perfect winter nature study. Click "Read More" to get started.