Lapbooks for Homeschool Science
I'm excited to share with you that we recently added a line of lapbooks to our store! To celebrate the addition, I wanted to share with you a little more about lapbooks and how you can use them in your homeschool.
WHAT ARE LAPBOOKS?
Lapbooks are educational scrapbooks that fit into the lap of a student. They contain a collection of related mini-books on a certain subject. Each of these is then glued into a file folder for easy viewing. You can also include pictures or projects that the student has completed.
One of the benefits of lapbooks is that they do not ask the student to respond to basic comprehension questions. Instead, they cause the student to interact with the materials in a similar fashion to notebooking.
HOW CAN YOU USE LAPBOOKS IN YOUR HOMESCHOOL?
You can add these tools into your homeschool by:
- Using a lapbook to review a unit that you have just finished covering in your current curriculum;
- Switching things up a bit through exchanging a lapbook for your regular science notebook;
- Basing an entire unit around a science lapbook. In this case, the lapbook can serve as the guide for a full unit study.
What the Elemental Science Lapbooks look like?
Our Lapbook series saves you time by providing the tools you need to introduce the principle facts of an area of science through an exciting, hands-on approach.The easy-to-use plans and attractive lapbook templates will help you to create a fantastic learning opportunity with minimal effort!
Each Lapbooking through... guide contains:
- A reading plan (for both younger and older students) broken up into weekly lessons;
- All the templates and pictures you need to create a beautiful lapbook;
- Plus, each lesson also includes vocabulary, a list of additional books, and coordinating activities!
If you have any questions about how to use lapbooks in your homeschool or about homeschool science, don't hesitate to drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org!
IN A NUTSHELL
Lapbooks are excellent tools for review and for switching things up. They can also be used as the centerpiece of a homeschool science unit. Whichever you choose, these educational scrapbooks will help you teach your students as they form memories for years to come!
This article was written by our author, Paige Hudson. You can also find her mixing up solutions for homeschool science at Elemental Blogging. If you want to receive more articles just like this, plus our monthly discounts, sign up for our newsletter in the box below or click here.
- Paige Hudson