Homeschool Science Tip - Set aside time this year to attend a homeschool convention, retreat, or meet-up.
A few years back, I shared 5 ways you can become a better homeschool science teacher and one of those ways was to attend a convention. This month, I want to encourage you to set aside a bit of time to attend a convention, a retreat, or just meet up with a few homeschooling mommas.
The truth is that we all need a boost from time to time or homeschool burnout is inevitable. Things like conventions, retreats, and meet-ups are all great ways to give you a homeschool support shot in the arm!
When you go to one of these, you can:
- Learn new tips and tools from speakers and other homeschoolers
- Share an in-real-life cup of coffee with a few of those online peeps you know
- Touch and feel that curriculum you have been eyeing for months
- Meet the authors of the programs you love
- Have a teacher-training and continuing-ed retreat
Whether you go to a big convention or a smaller, more retreat-like conference or just meet up with a group of homeschooling friends, connecting with other homeschoolers will help you to refocus and recharge for the next year.
To see where we will be this year, check out our convention schedule.
Need a shot of homeschooling encouragement right now?
Get a dose of confidence by checking out the following podcasts: