Elemental Science’s 2015 Convention Schedule
Mark your calendars! We are excited to share with you all that we will be at four different conventions around the country this year.
On top of that, Paige will be speaking at each of the locations. So, not only will you be able to see our books in person, but you will get to hear tips and tools for teaching science direct from the source.
We will have each one of our titles for you to browse through and purchase as well as a sample of our upcoming title Physics for the Logic Stage!
So be sure to stop by and say hi!
WHERE TO FIND ELEMENTAL SCIENCE
Here is where you will find us in 2015:
- February 12-14, 2015: Great Homeschool Conventions – Fort Worth, Texas
- March 12-14, 2015: Great Homeschool Conventions – Greenville, South Carolina
- March 20-21, 2015: VA Homeschoolers Conference – Glen Allen, VA
- April 9-11, 2015: Great Homeschool Conventions – Cincinnati, Ohio
At each of the Great Homeschool Convention locations Paige will be speaking on the following three topics:
- The three keys to homeschool science –In this session, Paige details the three essential keys for homeschool science education. She also provides the attendees with several tools and methods they can use to apply the keys to their homeschool education plan from preschool through high school.
- How to complete a science fair project without losing your mind –In this session, Paige speaks on the science fair project and how to incorporate it into a homeschooler’s plan for science education. She provides eight detailed steps for the homeschool teacher to use, tips on when to start doing a science fair project, and advice for setting up a homeschool science fair co-op in your area.
- How to use living books and nature study to teach science – In this session, Paige covers what constitutes a living book along with the basics of nature study. She then delves into how you can use these two resources as an effective, yet non-traditional way of teaching science.
At the VA Homeschoolers Convention, Paige will be speaking on the following topics:
- Confessions of a classical educator in science – In this session, Paige shares her experiences with teaching science through the classical model in her own homeschool. She reviews the stages of classical education and relays the goals of science instruction at each of these phases.
- Inspiring your student to love science through living books – In this session, Paige defines the key ingredients for qualifying a book as “living” and shares how to use these resources effectively in your homeschool. She also gives several examples of how to foster a love of science in your students through the use living books as spines or supplements in your homeschool.
We’ll announce the exact times for Paige’s sessions on Facebook as soon as we have them.
We are looking forward to meeting you face-to-face in 2015!
- Paige Hudson